Oct 11, 2020
Every Sunday I send an email to share the interesting things I've learned that week. I focus on systems and technologies that will help us build rural city compounds including electricity generation, modular construction, water systems, farming, automation, governance, and bitcoin.
What I found interesting:
- Kibbo is a new service that provides some of the amenities for van life like a place to park, laundry and good internet. This is like a campground service? I think there is potential hear for a younger generation but does not aim to serve families or provide any ownership option.
- The single purpose acquisition company(SPAC) is becoming a popular method for investors to bring companies public. They are sometimes called "blank check" companies because investors will take a shell company public to raise money and the use the money raised to buy businesses. The consequence of more money going this route is relying more on the SPAC investment manager instead of picking a good company. SPACs are going to reduce transparency and be difficult to regulate. SPACs and their associated leveraged loans could be one of the acronyms that lead the next financial crisis.
- Twitter will sometimes censor links that you post or even DM to someone. See this link for example. I tried it myself. While I respect the property rights of Twitter to do whatever they want with their platform, they should state clearly what they are censoring and why.
- Micheal Saylor never tweeted about Bitcoin before he purchased $450 million of it. Now he tweets everyday. This is the self-interest engine that will keep it going by the people who are invested.
- The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant. Karl Popper described it as the seemingly paradoxical idea that "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Popper expands upon this, writing, "I do not imply for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force..." - Copied from Wikipedia
Bitcoin will be above $20k in one year due to many corporate treasuries investing in bitcoin. Also the US can not raise interest rates or stop printing money without becoming insolvent.
I record and check my predictions here.
Enjoying these posts? Subscribe for moreSubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in