Bitcoin Resources & Recomendations
Answers to common questions, and my favorite resources.
Best Learning Resources
- Bitcoin Q&A - Amazing resource to answer all your questions.
- Bitcoin Fundamentals Podcast - Good interviews with experts.
- Getting started with Bitcoin by Jameson Lopp
Bitcoin is a savings technology. Take the emotional aspect out of buying bitcoin by setting up weekly buys.
- river.com - Bitcoin only exchange that allows for lightning withdraws.
- cash.app - Allows you to buy and hold bitcoin. Founder Jack is a Bitcoiner.
For larger values of bitcoin it makes sense to use a cold storage device. I've had a good experience with the Cold Card and a Seed Plate. Use a passphrase in addition to your seed words.
Use Bitcoin (web and mobile wallets)
I've tried a bunch of wallets. Here are my recommendations starting with the wallets that require the least number of steps to start using.
- strike.me - Connect your bank account and start paying lightning invoices. Note that funds in your wallet are dollars, not bitcoin.
- coinos - No-setup web-based custodial wallet for receiving small amounts of bitcoin on LN.
- wallet of satoshi - Custodial wallet for using lightnig.
- lighting.gifts - Send someone sats via email.
- lightningspin.com - Roulette.
- foldapp.com - app to buy gift cards
- yalls.org - micropayments powered reddit
- lnpay.co - Create paywals, faucets and more.
Host a Lightning Node
I run a routing lightning node and share my lessons here.
Buy me a coffee.
If you found this usefull send me some sats.